- Inquiring minds want to know what makes you tick. Tell us about your life. I love to write and have since I was 9 years old. Since I haven’t worked since 2013 and had two mini strokes my doctor told me to do something to keep my mind working. He said writing would be great.
I love owls and use them in my books, except for this one.
- What was your life like before you became a writer, and how did you get your start as an author? I had an accident that put me on disability. Since I had the time I was able to pursue my love of writing
- Tell us about your writing process. Are you a pantser, a plotter, or something else? I’m a Planster I start out with a plot and outline then my writing just takes off on its own.
- Do you have a favorite writing project or a book that still haunts your dreams that you would like to share? I loved writing “The Owl of the Sipan Lord” I spent six weeks doing research for it.
- Tell us a little about your story in the Midnight Oil Anthology. It’s a story about a man who only cares for himself.
- Do you have works in progress? I have three in the works. I will have one done by the end of August and the other two by the end of the year.
- What are your plans for your next book? I’m writing a series, Joe Leverette Mysteries, and I plan on plotting out the third book.
- Do you have an especially interesting research experience to share? Several really. For “The Owl of the Sipan Lord” I contacted a well-known archaeologist because I couldn’t find what I needed and he got back with me in one week. The other “Midnight Owl: Joe Leverette Mystery, Book 1” I contacted our local ME about the murder to see if it was feasible.
- How to you stay in touch with your muse? Sometimes I have to give her a good kick in the butt!
- What do you think has contributed the most to your writing style? I just do my thing.
- Required question: How can readers follow you online? (Answer: website, blog, fb link, twitter, goodreads…. Choose your top four links.)